users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Environment per Webapplication deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 03:28:27 PDT

Hi Amy,
nice to see that there is progress in this issue.
The vhost solution is a mangeable workaround, in my point of view it would still be great to have the possibility to configure the context for each web application without the hassle of repackageing it or having to configure a vhost.
As I stated earlier the lack of this is a big point which avoids a greater adoption of glassfish as a replacement for tomcat. (And I really like glassfish a lot more, even if a comparison is quite unfair since tomcat is only a servlet container and glassfish offers much more.)
I would be really happy if this could get addressed in a smart way.
[Message sent by forum member 'everflux' (everflux)]