users@glassfish.java.net

Environment per Webapplication deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 04:23:48 PDT

Hi,
I would like to switch from tomcat to glassfish, mainly using it as a servlet container. I read here
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=206772&#206772
that there is ongoing work to support deployment specific configuration of web applications (without repackageing them).
But as I read here:
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=85039&tstart=0
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=19592
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5020966
there is still missing support for setting configuration parameters for each deployment. (Seriously, repackaging is not a real option)

Did I miss the place where I can configure the JNDI context for each deployment without hassling around with config files in the war?

Or am I completely misguided and this is not the way to go for configuring bootstrap values for web applications? (In fact it's part of the tomcat tutorial http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html#Environment%20Entries )

Any feedback or ideas are very appreciated!
[Message sent by forum member 'everflux' (everflux)]