users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installer program

From: Mark A. Basler <Mark.Basler_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 08:15:26 -0700

Hi Ryan,

The SDK is primarily a development kit for developers. So even though
some of the components can be selectively installed, some are part of
the base kit itself.

If you want just the application server functionality (JMS is part of
the application server), you can download the Sun Java System
Application Server Platform Edition from
http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/index.jsp (look for the "*Download
the Components Independently*" section). Or to get the latest and
greatest application server bits, you can use a version of Glassfish
located at https://glassfish.dev.java.net.

Also, going into production you probably want support for the
application server, so you can find more information on support located
at http://www.sun.com/service/applicationserver/index.xml

Hope this helps....

Thanks - Mark