users@glassfish.java.net

Re: New feature in Admin Console

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 00:37:42 -0700

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

vince kraemer wrote:
That is great.

Is there a way to "go back" to developer profile from cluster profile?
No.
I thought there is a way.    If you do backup-domain  before going to GUI to add this cluster support, and after trying it out and want to go back,  you should be able to do restore-domain  to get back to the state where you were before adding the cluster support.
But if you start up with a cluster profile,  there is no way to 'downgrade' it to developer profile.

Anissa,

vbk

Anissa Lam wrote:

I want to inform the group that a new feature, probably the last one for V2 release,  is added to Admin Console.   As we all know, clustering support is one of the major feature for V2.   We want to provide an easy way for adding cluster support to  domains  running developer profile.  A new button has been added to the general page of the Application Server for Adding Cluster Support.   User can just press this button to go to a page that explains what this action does and then confirm their action.   All deployed application will continue to work and this takes effect upon domain restart.
This feature will be available starting from May 17 nightly build.
Please send email to users@glassfish.dev.java.net alias  for any question regarding this feature.

thanks
Anissa