users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Webstart help please

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:50:48 PDT

well, i tried turning on the logs. here is what i got from that.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE log SYSTEM "logger.dtd">
<log>
</log>

doesnt seem very usefull to me.

i ran the get-client-stubs and then appclient commands as you specified.
it works just fine that way. the optionpane shows up.
it still doesnt work through the browser though.
i tried it in both firefox and IE. neither one works.
i then tried it on another computer. It DID work on a different computer. that computer has the 1.5 plugin. The laptop i'm doing development on and where it doesnt work is using the 1.6 plugin. I wouldnt think that this would make a difference though.
any other ideas?
its going to get annoying if i have to do development on my laptop then jump over to another computer to test it. Is there any other settings in the java plugin that i can work with that might have some bearing on this?

thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'derekv' (derekv)]