users@glassfish.java.net

Webstart help please

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:19:48 PDT

I am trying to do a simple hello world app launch from web start. I seem to be doing something wrong because when i launch it from webstart it shows the java console for a split second then it disappears. I have tried looking at all the examples and documentation i could find, but cant find anything that helps. I have tried looking in the java plugin's logs but there is nothing there either. I'm kinda at a loss, since this seems like such a simple thing and its not working. I am proably doing something really wrong here.

here is my code.

package com.bealls.ejb.clients;

import javax.swing.*;

public class Main {
           JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "hello world!");
        }
}

here is my manifest file

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: com.bealls.ejb.clients.Main

my applicationclient.jar file only has these files in it.

com\bealls\ejb\clients\Main.class
meta-inf\Manifest.mf

thats it! what the heck am i doing wrong????
[Message sent by forum member 'derekv' (derekv)]