users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFv2: Resync of failed cluster nodes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:36:21 PDT

Hi Gopal

thanks for your quick response. To your question about the scenario:
>Just to clarify steps:
>1. 2 instance cluster, access through a loadbalancer
yes
>2. Request goes to instance1
yes
>3. Stop instance 1, the next request of same session goes to instance 2
yes - works great
>4. Start instance 1, the next request will still go to instance 2(sticky ness)

no - mod_jk does a simple round robin without stickyness in our config. So after doing at least 2 requests one of them hits the restarted instance and gets an empty session.

Daniel
[Message sent by forum member 'barz26' (barz26)]