users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFv2: Resync of failed cluster nodes

From: Gopal Jorapur <Gopal.Jorapur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:24:41 -0700

Hi Daniel,
Please see inlines

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have setup a cluster of 2 nodes with GF build 46.
> The cluster is configured to use in mem replication and has apache+mod_jk in front (glassfish ajp listener enabled). Doing some testing on the availability aspect I did the following with a test application (web app + Statefull SB):
>
> - Start Cluster with 2 nodes
> - access app to create http session and sfsb instances, populate sessions with some data
> - kill one cluster node -> failover to other node is working great, session data is there
> - restart the killed node, wait some seconds and access it (through lb)-> ups, session is not there!
>
> So the question is: if a failed cluster node gets restarted does it get the session data replicated back from the other instance(s) using in memory replication? Why doesn't this happen in my scenario?

The scenario is supposed to work (It does work with our tests, though
there is no mod_jk in our environment)

Just to clarify steps:
1. 2 instance cluster, access through a loadbalancer
2. Request goes to instance1
3. Stop instance 1, the next request of same session goes to instance 2
4. Start instance 1, the next request will still go to instance 2
(sticky ness)
5. Stop instance 2, next request is supposed to go to instance 1

Please let me know if you are trying above scenario

Thanks,
Gopal