users@glassfish.java.net

problem with soap header web parameters and flex web services

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 17:18:30 PDT

Hi,

I am writing a web service using using (jax-ws ri 2.1) that is called from adobe flex.

I already have an existing C# .net web service that can be successfully called from flex. I need to connect to a Java implementation of this service, using the same interface.

Issues arise when I try to use a webmethod parameter which is declared as a soap header variable and also as an INOUT parameter. The flex client seems to confuse the soap header parameter with a normal webmethod input parameter, and then complains that it is missing.

I've tried different permutations of the java SOAPBinding annotations but with no success.

My soap web service uses these annotations :

@WebService(name="example", serviceName="exampleService")
@SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.RPC,
             use=SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL)

@WebParam(name="AuthenticateHeader",header=true,mode=WebParam.Mode.INOUT) Holder<AuthHeader> authenticateHeader)

When I run the test apps for both the C# and Java web services, I can see the structure of the request and response soap packets is identical. However, the WSDL appears different. I suspect the cause of this might be related to the way the flex web service client is interpreting the java generated wsdl.

Any help would be appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'stevelu' (stevelu)]