users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Persistence Context in JPA

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 23:31:49 PDT

> PC propagation rules won't be applicable when you use
> different EMF in
> caller and called components.

Hi Sahoo,

Thanks for the reply.

True, I already agree as "If a stateful session bean with an extended persistence context calls a stateful session bean with a different extended persistence context in the same transaction, an IllegalStateException would be thrown." Now can I infer from this that I can't access different configured data source(defined in different <persistence-unit> element in persistence.xml -> creation of different EMF -> different Persistence Context)?

With Regards,
Mayank

 Have you tried doing