users@glassfish.java.net

J2EE System design, Is socket programming possible in EJB

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 23:57:09 PDT

Hello EveryOne.
I have to design a system where at one end there will be a web server running web application that will accessed by the client.

And there will be a application server in some other place. The web application I mentioned above will communicate with this application server. Then this application server will communicate with another System using socket programming. I had made my mind to use EJB in this part but later I found that there are some restriction in EJB for socket programming. So can I use any other J2EE components to do the job for us.

We have decided not to use web services because of security reasons.

I would be thankful if anybody tell what would be the best design for our system.

Thank You
Regards
Milan Shrestha
[Message sent by forum member 'melawn' (melawn)]