users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Logging Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:11:54 PDT

whartung, I really appreciate the in-depth reply, but that doesn't quite answer my question. Here is my conundrum:

I want to stick with java.util.logging since this is what Glassfish uses natively. However, I for the love of god can't figure out how to configure different file loggers to log to different files. The configuration format doesn't seem to support anything like this. I definitely consulted the documentation as you suggested and that really wasn't any help. Tomcat's extensions to java.util.logging can support this, but Glassfish doesn't use those. log4j does this very well, but I'd like to stick with the Glassfish supported java.util.logging. commons-logging is merely a bridge library, which doesn't solve my issue.
[Message sent by forum member 'giesen' (giesen)]