users@glassfish.java.net

Timer Service in a cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:15:35 PDT

Hi,

I want to create a service in glassfish that polls a table in a DB at intervals. If any entries are found I will do some work on them until I've finished processing. If I deploy this in a clustered environment I only want this to happen once for the entire cluster.

Will the EJB timer service work this way in glassfish, i.e. is it cluster aware, or will I have to deploy a separate app on only one of the cluster to ensure that the entries only get processed once.

Many thanks in advance,
Darren.
[Message sent by forum member 'xerces' (xerces)]