users@glassfish.java.net

Migrate front-end of JSP project to JSF

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:09:33 PDT

Hi,
Just started in a new company and the first task is to migrate front-end of a JSP project to JSF. JSP project doesn't use java beans, instead business logic is in servlets. (env: tomcat 4.1, axis 1.2, java 1.4) So, in theory I need to substitute jsp pages with "jsf"-pages and factor out some processing logic to java beans.

The problem is that I haven't done any migration projects before and need some help with how to approach this problem. Where to start? What minimum changes I need to do to a JSP project in order to incorporate jsf pages? Can this even be done, or I need to start a new project from ground up and slowly build in different modules ?

Can someone point me to any resources related to the migration topics from jsp to jsf or any migration techniques.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'zababun' (zababun)]