users@glassfish.java.net

Application deployment order

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:53:23 PDT

Hi,

I have an unusual deployment problem with Glassfish UR1 P01, which happens on both Solaris and Mac OSX.

I have 2 applications that I deploy onto the same instance of Glassfish. They both have their own HTTP listener and virtual server. Application 1 is a customer facing website, application 2 processes incoming messages and do scheduled processing at varous intervals, fired by some cron jobs. The method of communication between the 2 applications is via JMS and the shared MySQL DB.
Both these applications were ported over from SJSAS 8.2 PE, and ran without problems.

The problem I have is that when I deploy these applications I have to deploy application 1, before application 2. If I deploy application 1 after 2 then next time I restart Glassfish application 2 does not start correctly. The servlets and EJBs do not start in application 2, even though the servlet filters in that applications webapp are running as I can see the output to the log4j log when the crons are firing.
If I disable application 2, and then enable it again then the application starts correctly, and if I redeploy application 2 after the restart then it also starts correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might happen? Has anyone else had a similar problem and get anywhere with investigating it? Any light anyone can shed on this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Darren.
[Message sent by forum member 'xerces' (xerces)]