users@glassfish.java.net

Re: automatically Starting a cluster after another cluster failed

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:15:29 -0700

I don't think clusters failing over other
clusters is a good idea, because it will be
hard to maintain consistency. If you have
enough hardware, just create a cluster with
instances in it and go on increasing its
capacity in terms of scalability.

Few Guiding Principles:

- All instances in a cluster are homogeneous as far as
  configuration and applications/resources are concerned.
  In a given set of instances in a cluster, there is
  an inherent ability to fail over to each other, maintaining
  the state.

- All clusters are individual sand-boxes and are designed
  to operate independent of others and GlassFish infrastructure
  does not have a built-in capability to fail over across
  clusters for aforementioned reasons.

Kedar