users@glassfish.java.net

How does one upload a single servlet

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:33:14 PDT

The Glassfish instructions say that one must first bundle their apps as jars, wars, ears before they can be uploaded....how about a single servlet?

How do folks develop apps with Glassfish, they cannot possibly be required to archive their code for every compile...? The instructions should clearly explain how this is can be done. From what I have read, it would appear Glassfish is not well suited for development projects--too many formalities--and is only good for deployment of production stable apps. I know this can not be true, but the docos read this way.

Tomcat makes testing of a single servlet file pretty easy, I'm sure Glassfish must be the same way. Also, does Glassfish come with a test app preinstalled that would be developers can add a single servlet to just to "try out" Glassfish? What I'm trying to say is WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO CREATE A JAR, WAR or EAR and just want to upload my files and test out the app server. I fully understand what it is to create an app context...blah...blah...blah, but what about after this has been done, how then do I simply upload a single servlet, make a change, and reupload the servlet?

Thanks for your help, the docs are a bit thin in this area.
[Message sent by forum member 'java4bio' (java4bio)]