users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Autodeploying multiple times causes OutOfMemoryError in PermGen

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 18:28:15 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote On 04/01/07 07:04 PM,:

>Hello again,
>
>Just tried b41 of glassfish and I am still seeing the same behaviour. Should the jasper classloader fix have made it into b41?

Yes. There was no fix to any classloader, though. The fix was to invoke
the close() method
on javax.tools.JavaFileManager after an in-memory compilation.

>In the meantime, is there any way I can disable jasper compilation of jsps so that I don't need to restart glassfish every few hours.....?

Can you please do us a favor and rerun Tim's JAR locking diagnosis tool:

  http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/entry/tool_for_diagnosing_failed_glassfish
<http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/entry/tool_for_diagnosing_failed_glassfish>

on b41 and re-post its output?

Thanks!