users@glassfish.java.net

Controlling BLOB size for EJB persistence

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:40:10 PDT

Hello all!

I'm having a bit of difficulty using Toplink related to the default sizing of BLOBs when run standalone using Derby embedded. I am getting truncation errors using the default value of 64000 as specified in the oracle.toplink.essentials.platform.database.DerbyPlatform class. Being new to Toplink (and to DBs somewhat in general), I'm wondering what the correct method to override this value is? My first thought was to utilize the toplink extensions to generate the createDDL.jdbc file, modify it and then use the extensions to create the DB with the increased value. Are there more palatable alternatives to controlling the size of BLOBs?
[Message sent by forum member 'rjay' (rjay)]