users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Start a transaction from client and propagate it to server

From: Legolas Woodland <legolas.w_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:33:39 +0330

Hi
Thank you very much.
to explain more:
We have our web services in a web application which is deployed into
glasfish application server.
so our web services are based on servlet if i am not mistaken.

What i look to do is like:

-lookup into application server using initialcontext and ..
-retreive a user transaction from the JNDI?
-start user transaction before invoking first web service
-commit user transaction after calling second web service.

Is that feasible?

 I know that Enterprise pack support ws-tx but in our case we call all web
services using DDI and we do not use enterprise pack to develop web services
clients.

Thanks