users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Help with RequestDispatcher.include() in jsf component

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:24:42 PDT

The jsf 1.2 spec states:

"Several mechanisms (including the <jsp:include> standard action, the JSTL <c:import> custom action when referencing a resource in the same webapp, and a call to RequestDispatcher.include() for a resource in the same webapp) perform a runtime dynamic inclusion of the results of including the response content of the requested page resource in place of the include action. Any JSF components created by execution of JSF component custom actions in the included resource will be grafted onto the component tree, just as if the source text of the included page had appeared in the calling page at the position of the include action."

As far as I can tell, what I am attempting to do *should* work. Either it is a bug, or I am doing something wrong with my implementation. Either way some feedback would be great!

Thanks
Cameron
[Message sent by forum member 'cameronr' (cameronr)]