users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with Authentication in a web application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 04:33:06 PDT

Hello,

I developed a simple Web application making use of Netbeans 5.5 and Sun AS with the JSF framework. In this web application I added the form based authentication. I configured the war file and the sun-war file. I created a user in the Application Server, I deployed the WAR file and all is working fine. Then I developed a new EAR project containg an EJB application and a WAR application like the previous web application. I deployed the EAR and all is working but when I added the form based authentication in the web application it doesn't work. In conclusion the same web application with a form based authentication works if it is deployed as a WAR file, but it doesn't work if it is deployed in an EAR file. Probably I am missing something? Where is my error?

Thank you in advance for the help and bye,
Giordano
[Message sent by forum member 'giordano48' (giordano48)]