users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems starting glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:21:07 PDT

Hi, again, Tony.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I knew that the SAXParserHandler class was in the GlassFish jar appserv-rt.jar. The question I meant to focus on - which you've now also answered - is where GlassFish was finding the alternative parser.

Can you please try this experiment: Move the xerces.jar in ${java-jdk-dir}/jre/lib/ext to some other directory ([b]not[/b] one that is also in the java.ext.dirs list that GlassFish searches), restart the server, and see if the server starts successfully without the errors?

Thanks.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]