users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems starting glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:13:06 PDT

Hi, Tony.

After taking one more look at the stack trace you posted I have an idea.

Could it be that you have your environment set up to use different XML parsing code? Perhaps by setting javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory, or perhaps by having an alternate parser's JAR(s) in the class path or the extensions directory?

The stack trace you posted does not include the com.sun.enterprise.deployment.node.SAXParserHandler class included in GlassFish that knows about the local copies of the schemas and DTDs. Instead it refers to org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler as the class trying to read the schema.

The GlassFish code that reads and parses the descriptor creates the GlassFish-specific SAXParserHandler and passes it - to whatever parser has been instantiated - during the parser.parse invocation. I'm not sure why the parser your instance is using does not use the handler that GlassFish passes.

But I think this is the start of the explanation.

The next step may be for you to see if you can adjust your configuration so the parser packaged with the Java runtime is used and see if that clears this up.

Of course, post your results.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]