users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Autodeploying multiple times causes OutOfMemoryError in PermGen

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:17:10 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote On 04/02/07 09:15 PM,:

>Hi Jan,
>
>You can find the new output at http://ctr.id.au/openJarsNew.txt
>
>The only other thing that seems a little dubious is the presence of ajax4jsf in all the traces. Could this have something to do with holding open the jar files? Obviously we use ajax4jsf extensively but there might be an issue somewhere..?
>
>Is there an easy way to disable in memory compilation?

Thanks, Cameron!

Looks like some of the JAR files are held open by the annotations
processing done by
com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.

We've contacted the J2SE team to find out how those JAR files may be
released, or
how annotations processing during JSP compilations may be turned off
altogether
(since we don't need it).

Would precompiling your JSPs be an acceptable workaround for the time being?

Jan