users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSF - getting FacesConfigBean

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:58:35 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am programming a JSF web application, which should support plug-ins. The plug-in should be some jar file. It can have jsf page and appropriate backing-bean. I need, that the plug-in can "register" its backing-beans (similar as if they have been written in faces-config.xml).
> I found in JSF some class called FacesConfigBean, which should have informations from faces-config.xml and with which it is possible to add some information (for example adding managed beans).
> But I didn't find any way how to get this FacesConfigBean.
> Can someone show me the way how to get it?

The FacesConfigBean is a just a container for the information parsed
from the various faces-config files.
The actual managed beans themselves are stored within the
ApplicationAssociate. However,
this is all undergoing a serious rewrite, so I really wouldn't recommend
relying on internal classes.

Is there a reason your plugin can't include a faces-config.xml in the
META-INF of its JAR file?