users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Securing EJB WebService: where to start?

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:17:07 -0400

Right click in your EJB code window, select "Web Service Client
References", "Call Web Service Operation".. use this tool to add a
@WebServiceRef attribute to your EJB. You can delete the other code
it generates. Make sure all lines that look like the following use the
service field injected by @WebServiceRef:

port = service.getMyServicePort();

Expand the "Web Service References" tree node in the projects pane,
right click your web service and "Edit Web Service Attributes". The
security tab will now be enabled. For this feature to be available, it
looks for the presence of @WebServiceRef in your EJB.

Ryan