users@glassfish.java.net

Webstart and JPA - no suitable driver found

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:28:59 PST

I'm using Java Persistence API in my app client and i'm launching it with webstart.
It works fine when I use Derby but any other database gives me "No suitable driver found for ..." exception.

I tried packaging the database driver in the jar and ear and I put it on CLASSPATH but it doesn't work.
If I don't package the driver and take it of CLASSPATH I get "Class [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] not found" exception so the driver is visible in package.

Running the ear directly out of Netbeans works fine so it must be a webstart issue.
Is there a solution or workaround for this?
[Message sent by forum member 'nserfontein' (nserfontein)]