users@glassfish.java.net

Re: New jdbcRealm Fails

From: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.richter_at_mgrinformatica.com.br>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:59:16 -0300

See comments bellow...

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org escreveu:
> [b]Situation:[/b]
>
> I am upgrading my user login. My current security is a simplistic servlet that executes a sql query.
>
> I am using a mysql database: with 2 tables: persons and roles.
> I would like turn my logon into a proper app server approach.
>
> I'm trying to add a JDBC Realm based on the example here:
> http://www.jroller.com/page/brviking?entry=glassfish_for_tomcat_users_jdbc

This blog tutorial, with code written by me, is compatible with
Glassfish v1 (former Sun App Server 9 FCS). With v1UR1 (former Sun App
Server 9.1), that you are using (as I could see in the stack trace
screen shot), it will not work because conflicts with embedded JDBC Auth
module. Actually, later is preferred than code I wrote (if I find a
time, I would update JRoller with code that I'm using today).

Richter