users@glassfish.java.net

New jdbcRealm Fails

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:56:31 PST

[b]Situation:[/b]

I am upgrading my user login. My current security is a simplistic servlet that executes a sql query.

I am using a mysql database: with 2 tables: persons and roles.
 I would like turn my logon into a proper app server approach.

I'm trying to add a JDBC Realm based on the example here:
http://www.jroller.com/page/brviking?entry=glassfish_for_tomcat_users_jdbc

[b]Summary of the Problem:[/b]
Added a new Realm and I'm getting an exception trying to access it.

[b]Supporting Data:[/b]
So, Trying something new here... I am a very visual person. So using my favorite tool: 'SnagIt' I uploaded some screen shots here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/codingJoe/JdbcRealmTake1

Includes
> Setup Screen and Exception.

[b]My Questions:[/b]

1. This exception doesn't look like its related to a JDBCRealm. Did I just find a Glassfish Bug?

2. I would like a really simple step-by-step tutorial that helps me setup my user log ons? Does someone have a better tutorial recommendation?
[Message sent by forum member 'tmonteit' (tmonteit)]