users@glassfish.java.net

Re: New jdbcRealm Fails

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:56:19 +0100

Hi there,
I was using this tutorial on how to define a new JDBC realm in Glassfish:
http://blogs.sun.com/swchan/entry/jdbcrealm_in_glassfish
I am using Swing client in ACC (Application Client Container) and it
works for me, the tricky thing was that you not only have to restart
server after configuring that JDBC realm, but also to re-deploy your
application if it was already deployed before that realm was set.

However, you are securing web application clients, so that tutorial
might help you as well:
http://www.developinjava.com/readarticle.php?article_id=5
http://www.developinjava.com/readarticle.php?article_id=6
It says nothing about JDBC realm, but as long as you follow Shing Wai
Chan's weblog to configure JDBC realm, all the the rest is just the
same for any kind of realms.

I hope that will help :)
-Witek