users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Redeploy fails when using Struts with GlassFish

From: <jacob_at_hookom.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:03:39 -0500

It might be an issue to throw back at Struts or another dependent library that uses resources from the classpath-- I had the same problem with my project and ended up having to re-work closing URLConnections on the classpath.

One of the culprits was code to check the lastModified date of resources on the classpath, it will end up locking the resource, so you have to grab an inputstream and immediately close it to guarantee you've freed the lock.