users@glassfish.java.net

Re: comparing glassfish with tomcat

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:49:18 -0800

Hi Roger,

Jan Luehe wrote On 11/30/06 08:57,:

> Hi Roger,
>
> roger.keays wrote On 11/29/06 21:50,:
>
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> Nice work on adding support for per-virtual-server realms in glassfish!
>>

>>> If you're satisfied, could you turn the corresponding cell in your
>>> comparison
>>> table from red to green for GlassFish? :)
>>>

>> The problem is that it's a blog dated 30th October and not really
>> meant to
>> be a living document. I added the comment so that people can see how
>> quickly
>> the glassfish team get these things implemented. I can't,
>> philosophically,
>> about glassfish's virtual hosting features.
>>

> Fair enough!

one feature that was already supported in GlassFish when you first
published the comparison table is support for alternate docroots (or
virtual directory mappings).

See

  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/new_support_for_virtual_directory

for details.

You might want to add this to the original table, or we should add it
to the table that has all the updates.

This is not supported by Tomcat, BTW.

Jan