users@glassfish.java.net

[JSF] UEL vs EL

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mailing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:52:19 +0100

Hello,

I'm using JSF tags with Unified EL and it's working fine. In fact, I've
dumped most of my old EL expression except one that uses a core JTSL tag.
Here is the code that works :

<c:when test="*${empty sessionScope.cart.cartItems}*">
   The Shopping Cart is empty
</c:when>

cart is a managed bean and cartItems the content of a shopping cart. But
when I try to move to UEL it doesn't work :

<c:when test*="#{*empty sessionScope.cart.cartItems}">
or
<c:when test="*#*{empty cart.cartItems}">

I get the following message :
*According to the TLD, the attribute test is not a deferred-value or
deferred-method, but the specified value contains a #-expression*

Does that mean that I can't use UEL with core tags ? I can't find up to date
information, the only articles I get are about EL. Do you know if it's the
way it's supposed to work ?

Thank you.

Antonio