users@glassfish.java.net

Re: application-client.xml :: <callback-handler> ignores my class.

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:23:24 -0600

Hi, again, Witold.

Witold Szczerba wrote:
> I've just tried Glassfish v2 b26 and my callback-handler is now
> invoked, that's great.
> Bad thing is that NetBeans 5.5 is not compatible with Glassfish v2 :(
Can you explain what sort of trouble you are having with NB 5.5. and GF
v2 together?

Is GlassFish v2 an option for you if you got it and NetBeans 5.5 working
together?
> I have tried v1 nightly build b15, it is dated 06.oct.2006, few days
> after v2 b20... but it has same problem as v1 b14, so I cannot provide
> my own CallbackHandler implementation :(
>
> Do you know any other way to change callback handler that would work
> in Glassfish v1?
The problem before build 20 of v2 was that the code was attempting to
load the user-specified class using a class loader that knew only about
the app server classes. One thing you try - ugly though it is - would
be to define the APPCPATH environment variable to point to a JAR (or
directory) that contains your callback handler class. This env. var. is
used in the appclient script to prepare the classpath that is used in
launching the app client container. Defining that variable this way
should make your callback handler accessible to the class loader that is
trying to load it.

Of course, any end-user who needed to launch the app client would need
to have the environment variable set up this way also, which is of
course quite a nuisance.

But this approach, though cumbersome, should work if you must stay with
GF v1.

- Tim