users@glassfish.java.net

Re: application-client.xml :: <callback-handler> ignores my class.

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 10:45:20 -0600

Witold,

Witold Szczerba wrote:
> Thanks for help!
>
> What I see is that b14 is the most up-to-date version of Glassfish V1:
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/downloadsindex.html
>
> You said, I should take build20 or newer, did you mean Glassfish V2?
As you say, there is no build 20 for v1. I was indeed referring to
build 20 of v2. It is a bit confusing at first that the issues use
versions such as 9.1b20 which we then need to convert mentally to
GlassFish v2 (= 9.1).
> Is V2 compatible with V1? I am using NetBeans 5.5, is it going to
> cooperate with this without problems?
I would expect that you'd have no problems moving to V2, which is
working with NB 5.5 for many folks.

> If you have a fix for that for more than 2 months now (v2 b20
> released: 04 October 2006) why it is not included in most popular
> versions which are available not only from Glassfish dev page, but
> from Sun Java SDK as well?
If I understand your question correctly, one difference is that
GlassFish as an open-source project makes intermediate and nightly
builds available, as well as much more thoroughly tested milestones and
releases. The SDK accessible from java.sun.com/javaee is built on top
of GlassFish and includes samples, blueprint applications, etc. beyond
what's in GlassFish itself. As such, it is a more stable entity and so
includes an older version of GlassFish than what's available from the
GlassFish site.

I hope that helps.

- Tim