users@glassfish.java.net

IMPORTANT: GlassFish V2 Milestone 3 (M3) done !

From: Dhiru Pandey <Dhiru.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:04:21 -0800

Hello All,

We have reached GlassFish V2 Milestone 3 (M3) completion with this
promoted build.
Thanks to everyone for making this possible.

CVS is open for checkins for bugs. Please continue to fix bugs to get to
our M4 release criteria (Jan 22, 2007)
<http://www.glassfishwiki.org/gfwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Milestone4ExitCriteria>
of zero P1 and P2.

Here are some of the highlights of this Milestone:

- Appserver Profiles support was added
- Admin GUI has been switched to use JSF
- Update center functionality has been added
- JSR-196 public draft implementation is available
- WSIT (Web Service Interoperability Technologies) integration is complete
- In-memory replication is partially implemented
- JBI is integration is complete

We fell short of our bug fixing exit criteria for M3
<http://www.glassfishwiki.org/gfwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Milestone3ExitCriteria>.
We need a lot of work here. Here is how we stand on the bug count today
for P1, P2 and P3

        P1 bug count
        P2 bug count
        *P3 bug count*
Issue Tracker Bugs
        1
        34
        297
BugTrack Bugs
        1
        82
        385

With regard to the other exit criteria here are some facts:

- FindBugs issues still need to be resolved
- No unit tests have been created in our new GFish unified test framework
- Testing exit criteria was not met because features came in late.

attached mail follows:

The following build has been promoted:

Product : glassfish v2
Version : ea build b28
Date : Wed Dec 13 10:25:00 2006

ORIGIN : RE

The following images are available in their respective directories
via the download page at https://glassfish.dev.java.net :

        GlassFish with Clustering:
        glassfish-image-v2-b28.jar
        glassfish-installer-v2-b28.jar

        Persistence API:
        glassfish-persistence-installer-v2-b28.jar

TYPE: Weekly promotion

Comments:

1) This is a promotion from the TRUNK.

2) The following tests are executed and are all passing:

   PE Quicklooks on PE installer
   SQE Smoke Tests on PE installer
   CTS Smoke Tests on PE installer

   EE Quicklooks on EE server image (Clustering)
   EE Quicklooks on EE installer
   SQE Smoke Tests on EE installer
   CTS Smoke Tests on EE installer

3) Sources are in the process of being tagged with the
   following identifier:

   SJSAS-9_1-B28-EA-13_Dec_2006

Thanks,
Terena