users@glassfish.java.net

Forcing shutdown?

From: Guillaume Bilodeau <gbilodeau_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 01:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

Since a few days I'm experiencing some problems with my GlassFish (SJSAS
9.0.0) server. One problem is that, for some unknown reason, it stops
responding (no response when trying to open the URL to a deployed
application or the management console). Another problem is that shutting it
down constantly fails, both through the Windows service stop or the manual
asadmin stop-server command line call. And since it seems to be running in
one of the java.exe processes, and there are many of them running right now,
I cannot just end the process manually.

There is nothing suspicious in the server logs. The only thing I can think
of is that it's running on a crowded server and there might be some other
program that's somehow messing up with the resources.

Is there any way to force GlassFish to shut down? And is there any other
place I could look for any trace of a potential problem?

Thanks,
GB