users@glassfish.java.net

RE: AppClient/JWS/Derby/Security problems

From: Martin, Ray <armart3_at_tycho.ncsc.mil>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:31:11 -0400

Because i am not able to get appclient/JWS to 'play nice' with my security
policy, i commented out code that causes a SecurityManager to be required.
i took out all the getClassLoader calls - they were just for learning
experience. i commented out all setProperty methods - now i cannot set
DBHome - not a good thing.

So, now i am back to seeing how well appclient/JWS will run my application.
It keeps coughing up the error, javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No
Persistence provider for EntityManager named SVG_drawings. This raises the
question of why appclient/JWS cannot see META-INF/persistence.xml in my
application jar file - while on the other hand, 'appclient only' fails on
the same line (the creation of EntityManagerFactory), but the error report
is totally different - 'appclient only' kicks out the currentLoaderNotValid
error.