users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AS 9 Transactions accross servers

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:03:23 -0700

No, I'm much more pragmatic ;). I'm saying that if there are
2 transactions that are happening in parallel, with a single
database in the background, you need to a) mark any method
that updates a database as a transactional, and b) if those
methods can result in updating the same rows, it's safer
to use version consistency to avoid overriding values from
one transaction with those from another transaction.

HTH,
-marina