users@glassfish.java.net

FYI : Change to JAXWS in GlassFish-V2

From: Vijay Ramachandran <Vijay.Ramachandran_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:14:10 -0700

Hello,

Effective 15 Aug, 2006, the Glassfish-v2 nightly builds will use the
JAXWS2.0.1 implementation as the default JAXWS implementation (used for
webservices). Please note that JAXWS2.0.1 is not yet of FCS quality and
there may be bugs. We have completed some amount of testing and we are
currently in the process of going through the complete test cycle. Your
help in finding / fixing bugs is most welcome.

Till JAXWS2.0.1 implementation stabilizes a bit more, we are making the
JAXWS2.0 implementation (that went in GlassFish-v1-FCS) available in
GlassFish-v2 builds. If you are using Glassfish-v2 and the bugs in
JAXWS2.0.1 is a show stopper for you, you can switch back to JAXWS2.0 by
doing this :

1. Stop domain (asadmin stop-domain)
2. Open ${glassfish.home}/domains/domain1/config/domain.xml in a text
editor
3. Search for the java-config element
4. Remove the entry
classpath-prefix="${com.sun.aas.installRoot}/lib/jaxws-update.jar" that
is part of the java-config element
5. Remove the entry
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.websvc.useJAXWSRearch=true</jvm-options>
6. Save the domain.xml
7. Start the domain

Please use the glassfish mailing lists and issue tracker to communicate
issues and bugs.

Once we complete testing of jaxws2.0.1, we will remove JAXWS2.0
implementation completely from GlassFish-v2 and duly inform the
community.

For more information on what has changed between JAXWS2.0 and JAXWS
2.0.1, please refer to http://weblogs.java.net/blog/vivekp

Thanks

Vijay