users@glassfish.java.net

[Fwd: [forum question] SJSAS 9 PE Chinese Edition log files display Chinese as Gibberish]

From: Cheng Fang <Cheng.Fang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:13:46 -0400

The user has posted detailed errors in the forum. This happens when
deploying his/her EJB failed, and errors in server.log involve

admin GUI,
deployment,
avk,
logging.

The details are at
http://gceclub.sun.com.cn/NASApp/sme/jive/thread.jsp?forum=22&thread=39130
While some words in Chinese and some in Gibberish, stacktrace is in English.

If you need more info, I can ask the user, or translate it to English.

BTW, we do have a multi-lang version of SJSAS PE 9. The user gives a
direct link
(http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=sjsas_pe-9.0-ml-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg)

You can also go to http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/index.jsp, go to
"*Download the Components Independently" section (end of the page), and
click *Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9,
Multi-language.

Forum question is here (in Chinese):
http://gceclub.sun.com.cn/NASApp/sme/jive/thread.jsp?forum=22&thread=39130

The user installed SJSAS 9 PE on Linux and Windows XP, and had the same
problem: Chinese characters in log files don't display correctly. Any
solutions/suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Cheng