users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Webapp reload question?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:49:58 -0400

Jongjin Choi wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Can I reload an web app by modifying class file under /WEB-INF/classes
> directory?
> It seems that AS9PE build 48 (bundled with NB 5.5 beta Ent pack) does
> not support this.
>
> I found that touching ".reload" file under application directory makes
> the web app reload, but this required two step (copying class file and
> touching .reload file).

There is two solutions. The official one is to deploy your application
using the --deploydir option [1][2] and then touch the .reload file.
This way you only need one step. The second unsupported/unofficial
option is to use AMX to reload the web-app [3].

-- Jeanfrancois

[1] https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/deployment/ (under Deploying
Applications)
[2]