users@glassfish.java.net

503 Errors when running GlassFish with Apache httpd

From: Ryan Galgon <rgalgon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:11:15 -0400

Hello, I'm new to using Glassfish, I'm on a co-op for the summer from RIT
and was handed a Solaris 10 box to get setup for the company and redo the
site in JSP. So far so good, but I've just been manually accessing things
via the IP address and we want to move to my site this week (actually,
yesterday) so I need to find a way to get requests to the plain url:
www.xyz.net to pull up www.xyz.net:8080/theWebsite/index.jsp

I found this guide:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2006/03/running_glassfi_1.html

and worked on following its instructions

I setup a Virtual Server in glassfish on port 8009 to get rid of the folder
name of the web application. So when I goto www.xyz.net:8009 its what I
ultimately want www.xyz.net to go to.

when I goto www.xyz.net I get 503 errors. I had posted this on that article,
and the author said to post to the user mailing list, I also posted it to
the java.net Forums @:
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=16753&tstart=0

Below are my configs:

I built mod_jk on the server and the apache config check returns that
everything is fine.

######### httpd.conf #############
#where to put jk logs
JkLogFile /usr/local/apache2/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel error
JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H %M %S %Y] "
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/worker.properties
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
#Send all jsp requests to GlassFish
JkMount /*.jsp worker1

######## worker.properties ############