users@glassfish.java.net

what is best practice for a web application authentication in glassfish?

From: Legolas Woodland <legolas.w_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:12:04 +0430

Hi
Thank you for reading my post
what is best practice to create a login page , authenticate users and
then let them see some pages
the requirement is:
1-after user logged in he/she should be able to look at some urls based
on his/her privileged
2-the login information should reside in session until user explicitly
logout or the session time out.

now my questions are :
-Does glassfish provide some kind of standard mechanism like tomcat :
j_security login mechanism? (container managed)
-is it wise to use this mechanism ,please give me some reason for your
answer

-is there any sample application that show me this ?
I would love such a sample application because i can learn easier from
samples.

ps: is it better to ask in forum or mailing list ?
Thank you.