users@glassfish.java.net

Quality of Project GlassFish

From: Nazrul Islam <Nazrul.Islam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 00:51:15 -0700

During the GlassFish BOF 0251
<https://www28.cplan.com/javaone06_cv_124_1/sessions_catalog.jsp?ilc=124-1&ilg=english&isort=1&is=%3CISEARCH%3E&isession_id=BOF-0251>,
few developers asked about the quality of the Application Server. From
the GlassFish Quality Portal
<http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/GlassFishQuality>, it is not
clear how much testing is being done. Could we share the "quality
matrix" with the community?

The following questions may be good to answer...
   1. How may test cases were executed and passed for the recent FCS
release?
   2. How many bugs were fixed for the recent FCS release? Latest bug
trend.
   3. What is the current code coverage?
   4. How many test cases passed on a nightly build?
   5. How many test cases passed a promoted build?
   6. How can people help?
   7. What are the plans for next version?
   8. Is is possible for us to some how quantify quality? Do we know if
quality improved since J2EE 1.4 SDK (8.x code base)?
   9. etc.

--
Nazrul Islam   -   (408) 276-6468   -   Sun Microsystems, Inc.