users@glassfish.java.net

Re: I want to learn Clustering of glassFish in my own computer , can some one please help ?

From: Nazrul Islam <Nazrul.Islam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:01:13 -0700

Legolas,

You may also find Clustering and Securing Web Applications: A Tutorial
<http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/load-balancing.html>
article interesting. This describes how one can use Project GlassFish
with a hardware loadbalancer and horizontaly scale.

If you are looking for something now, Sun Java System Application Server
Enterprise Edition
<http://www.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr_ee/index.xml> 8.x supports
clustering and highavailability. It is available now at no cost
<http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp>. For evaluation purposes,
you may want to try the file-based installer
<http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=8&PartDetailId=JES3-CD1-AS-OTH-G-F&TransactionId=Try>
(part of Accessory CD, Volume 1). QuickStart Guide is a good place to
start. You will find all the documentations here
<http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/ApplicationServer8_ee_05q1_si>.

--
Nazrul Islam - (408) 276-6468 - Sun Microsystems, Inc.