users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_EJB annotation application rules

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:52:45 -0700

Joseph B. Ottinger wrote:
> Ah, thanks, Jerome. Of course, the NEXT obvious question is... should
> there be some kind of facility in the spec by which you can say
> "annotate these classes," or "this classloader participates in the
> annotation mechanism?"
the difficulty is that there would need to be a provision for the
component lifecycle as injection happens when instances are created, the
appserver runtime would need to be able to generically intercept such
creation/deletion of components. Something to think about but it's not
easy to add generically.

Jerome