quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Reducing Memory Footprint

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:01:37 -0500

Hello, Harald.

You might have noticed that I have checked in some changes - and
updated the issue.

The changes should be in the next nightly and the next promoted build
for both 3.1.1 and the main trunk.

Prior to that, if you would like, I can send you a zip file containing
four updated JARs that you could place into your glassfish3/glassfish/
modules directory and see what effect the changes have with your
application.

Of course, this would be an officially unsupported configuration
(because of the "patch" JARs) but then again 3.1.1 itself is not
released yet anyway so this is really no change in that regard.
Although I did quite a bit of testing of these changes, the promoted
builds go through a much more rigorous workout, so keep that in mind.

If you would like to try the "patch" JARs please let me know and I can
get them to you.

Regards,

- Tim