quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is anyone else hitting 'OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space' on a regular basis with GlassFish 3.0 ?

From: matthias.fraass_at_tricoder.net <matthias.fraass_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:51:03 +0200

Hi Folks,

sad but true: One of the important features of a app server - to redeploy
one application while the others are still running - has been defeated by
this :(. I just can't trust on "I guess PermGen space will be enough after
this redeployment" in a production environment.

So this bug (more of a GC design error...) made us restart our production
app servers after every redeployment.
Which means we can only restart it at 01:00 am.
Which means that there are no monitored redeployments during office times.

That was really a big disappointment in JEE.

-Matthias